Full members (the only voting members)
To become a full member of the World Naturopathic Federation an association must meet the following criteria:
- Legally constituted national naturopathic association or federation.
- Voting members of the national naturopathic association must be limited to primarily naturopaths, naturopathic doctors or their equivalent.
- National naturopathic association must recommend the highest naturopathic educational standards available in their country. Note: Based on the World Health Organization (WHO) benchmark guidelines only national naturopathic associations that ensure that all members graduated from a minimum 1500 hour (or equivalent) naturopathic program are eligible for full membership. The organizations must also:
- have, as part of their membership criteria, a way of verifying the level of education of their members and graduation status.
- represent a significant percentage (at least 20%) of naturopaths, naturopathic doctors or their equivalent in their country.
- National naturopathic association must not be subject to, or controlled by, any office or age, of government
- It is strongly recommended that there is only one national naturopathic association or federation per country represented as a full member of the WNF.
Please view or download the WNF Full Member renewal application
Full member organizations must:
- have a commitment to levels of training commensurate with delivery of primary care services in their country
- have a commitment to achieving statutory licensure or regulation in their country to ensure appropriate levels of accountability and SECRETARIAT standards in their respective country
- have a commitment to other principles around professionalization as outlined in the World Health Organization’s Traditional Medicine Strategy.
Voting for national naturopathic associations:
- Each national naturopathic association will have equal voting rights.
- There will be one vote per country. If it is decided that there will be two (or more) national naturopathic associations for a specific country the countries will jointly have one vote, which they lose in case of disagreement between them.
Cost of membership for Full members:
- The annual fee for full membership is USD$120 (if the number of naturopaths is 40 or less) or alternatively USD$3 per member to a maximum of USD$5000.
- When calculating the number of members, only voting members are to be included.
- Once your application has been approved you will be send the payment options. Thank you.
Benefits of Full members:
- Only voting member of the WNF
- Opportunity to sit on the Executive Council of the WNF and to take part in board meetings.
- Opportunity to attend bi-annual WNF General Assemblies and to participate in WNF planning sessions.
- Opportunity to Chair and/or participate in WNF committees.
- Regular WNF updates on WNF activities and naturopathic opportunities globally.
- Ability to have naturopathic conferences (that are open to the greater naturopathic community) posted on the WNF website.
- Ability to provide feedback on WNF policies and position papers.
- Supporting the growth and development of the naturopathic profession globally.
- Opportunity for international collaboration with other naturopathic organizations.
Please view or download the WNF Full Member Application Form
The current Full WNF Members include:
- Argentina: Asociación Naturista de Buenos Aires (ANBA)
- Australia: Australian Naturopathic Federation (ANF)
- Belgium: Union des Naturopathes de Belgique (UNB)
- Canada: Canadian Association of Naturopathic Doctors (CAND)
- Chile: Asociacion Nacional de Naturopatas de Chile A.G.
- Democratic Republic of the Congo: Congo Naturopathic Physicians Association (CNPA)
- Egypt: Egyptian Naturopathic Association (ENA)
- France: Organization of Natural Medicine and Health Education (OMNES)
- Hong Kong: Integrated Association of Naturopaths of Hong Kong (IAN HK)
- India: Indian Naturopathy and Yoga, Graduates Medical Association (INYGMA)
- Mexico: Mexican Association of Students, Teachers and Professionals of the Integrative and Therapeutic Naturopathy Jorge Martinez Ruiz (AMEPNATURA A.C. )
- Nepal: Nepal Yoga and Nature Cure Assocation (NYNCA)
- New Zealand: New Zealand Naturopathic Federation
- Portugal: Associação Portuguesa de Naturopatia (APNA)
- Puerto Rico: Puerto Rico Association of Naturopathic Physicians (PRANP)
- Saudi Arabia: Saudi Arabia Association of Naturopathic Doctors (SAAND)
- Spain: Organizacion Colegial Naturopathica (FENACO)
- Slovenia: Association of Naturopaths of Slovenia
- United Kingdom: General Council and Register of Naturopaths (GCRN)
- Uruguay: Asociación Naturopática del Uruguay (ANTHU)
- USA: American Association of Naturopathic Physicians (AANP)
- Zambia: Zambian Naturopathic Medical Federation